Donating money to the Hospice Society translates into support for our dreams for the community—volunteer visitors for every need, bereavements groups, therapy dogs, life review, art and music therapy, workshops, community resources, and a hospice building.
To donate money to the Hospice Society simply drop off or mail a cheque made out to the Powell River Hospice Society: #14 – 4020 Saturna Ave.,
Powell River, BC, V8A 5T4.
You can also support the Hospice Society by sponsoring, or helping to sponsor, a specific event or program by paying for venue, food, prizes, materials, etc. Your name or company would, of course, be included in the promotion.
Our Wish List
• To purchase something from our wish list, simply call or email us!
• A credit card machine to process donations by credit
• A promotional banner to use at festivals and events
• A lap top, portable screen, and video projector for educational events, promotional presentations, and volunteer training
• A street sign for the entrance to the clinic where we have our office
• Sponsorship for our Board members and volunteers to attend various educational and training opportunities.
• A harp chair for clients and family to sit in for music therapy
Leave a Bequest or Legacy
Making a donation in the form of a bequest in your will or other legacy gift can be both a means to carry out your charity giving plans and also a practical way of managing your financial or estate plans. Such a donation offers financial advantages while making a big difference in the lives and deaths of people in your community. We would be happy to meet with you and your financial adviser.
Invite Us to Speak
Part of the Powell River Hospice Society’s mission is to provide education about end-of-life and bereavement in the community. We are happy to speak to your organization about social, emotional and spiritual topics related to end-of-life. We are also happy to introduce your group to the hospice philosophy and to our work. Sharing information helps us to meet our goals and involves the community in honouring the journey of the death process. Contact us!