Hospice Visitors are trained and chosen for their caring, sensitive qualities. They are good listeners to people who are nearing the end of life, and to their family and friends, without judgment or advice. Visitors respect privacy and commit to strict confidentiality. Support by Visitors may include some or all or of the following:
• Visiting in private homes, hospital or care facilities
• Companionship, reading, letter writing, etc.
• Relief of caregivers for short periods of time
• Spiritual, emotional and social support
• Simply being with the dying person and/or their loved ones during the death journey, grief & bereavement
How do I get a Hospice Volunteer?
For more information or to request a Volunteer Hospice Visitor simply call us at 604-223-7309. Referrals are accepted from:
• You…for yourself or someone you care about
• Your physician, nurse, clergy, friend or family member
• Volunteer Hospice Visitors and their clients are carefully matched by the Volunteer Coordinator.